Skip to content
August 31, 2025
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Art & Ent
  • Religion
  • Watch LIVE

Block TV News

News and Entertainment

cropped-filters_quality90-1.webp
Primary Menu
  • Home
  • News
  • Sport
  • Art & Ent
  • Religion
  • Watch LIVE
Watch Live
  • Home
  • 2022
  • December
  • 30
  • Barrow, according to the lawyer, accepts bad advice regarding Sabally’s detention.
  • News

Barrow, according to the lawyer, accepts bad advice regarding Sabally’s detention.

blocktvgambia December 30, 2022
Barrow, according to the lawyer, accepts bad advice regarding Sabally's detention.

Assan Martin, a human rights lawyer, has said that President Adama Barrow gave Momodou Sabally bad advice and allowed his detention to continue.Barrow, according to the lawyer, accepts bad advice regarding Sabally's detention.

Last week, Mr. Sabally was taken into custody in connection with a video in which he is said to have stated that the UDP will seize power from the president before local government elections.

The government says that civilian sponsors were involved in alleged coup plot.

However, in a letter provided to The Standard, Lawyer Martin commented on his continued detention, saying: Given that Gambians are no longer gullible, few paranoid people should not believe they can suppress opposing viewpoints. Additionally, we have observed that some of the president’s close aides are lulling him into taking bad advice that could sink the nation.

He said that the president and his government should keep in mind that the constitution says that the people have power.

He continued, “Let the authorities not suffer amnesia over the ‘Never Again’ slogan because Gambians can no longer afford political persecutions to be an agenda of this present and any future government,” citing our experiences from two decades ago.

He stated that the government’s daily press releases regarding the alleged coup are not the appropriate method for addressing sensitive law and order issues pertaining to evidence and the truth regarding an alleged treasonous crime; these are matters that should be handled by the courts.

“We are still waiting for our authorities to tell us something over a viral TikTok audio of a social meeting. It has been almost two weeks. As a result, “we expect no fabrication or fictitious story will be sufficient to detain anyone beyond the 72 hours required by the constitution,” he continued.

Lawyer Martin compared Sabally’s case to the state’s attempt to fabricate evidence in the Lang Tombong Tamba and Co. case, which led to Sabally’s arrest.

He said that the government should tell Gambians how a 19-second video and audio of a politician saying that his party will take over the country from the president could be a coup attempt.

About the Author

blocktvgambia

Administrator

View All Posts

Post navigation

Previous: The government says that civilian sponsors were involved in alleged coup plot.
Next: Lawyer accuses police of denying him access to Sabally

Related Stories

FB_IMG_1756587151434
  • News

NRA, MOTWI Inspect Progress on Nuimi Hakalang Road Project in NBR

blocktvgambia August 30, 2025
IMG-20250830-WA0000
  • News

Police investigate fuel tanker fire incident at Brufut

blocktvgambia August 30, 2025
FB_IMG_1756485156506
  • News

𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐨𝐮𝐚𝐤𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐭, 𝐌𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚

blocktvgambia August 29, 2025

You may have missed

FB_IMG_1756587151434
  • News

NRA, MOTWI Inspect Progress on Nuimi Hakalang Road Project in NBR

blocktvgambia August 30, 2025
IMG-20250830-WA0000
  • News

Police investigate fuel tanker fire incident at Brufut

blocktvgambia August 30, 2025
FB_IMG_1756485156506
  • News

𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐨𝐮𝐚𝐤𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐭, 𝐌𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚

blocktvgambia August 29, 2025
FB_IMG_1756467992517
  • News

Gambian woman allegedly attacked and killed in Edinburgh

blocktvgambia August 29, 2025
Copyright © All rights reserved. Block TV Gambia | MoreNews by AF themes.